How To Make Websites Accessible For The Blind And Visually ImpairedMaking a website accessible enables users with physical or visual disabilities to more easily navigate, read, understand, and use the site. Good websites, and web designers, understand how to make a website accessible and incorporate those techniques into the site. They may even get the site certified as "accessible".
Here are just a few of the ways to make a site accessible:
- Ensure lots of contrast between foreground and background colors.
- Every image should have an image tag (i.e., alt text).
- Avoid only using color for emphasis.
- Enable control via the keyboard, not just the mouse.
- Links and buttons should be accurately described.
- Ensure that each page has a descriptive title