What Foods Should You Eat If You Have Macular Degeneration?So you or your loved one have Age-Related Macular Degeneration (AMD).
What food should you eat to slow its progression, or to forestall the onset of AMD?
- Antioxidants (including citrus, nuts, seeds, oils, red/orange fruits and vegetables, leafy greens)
- Omega-3 fatty acids (including fatty fish, nuts, seeds)
- Zinc and copper (including meats, shellfish, legumes. leafy greens)
- Processed foods that contain trans fats
- Tropical oils, like palm oil
- Lard and vegetable shortening, and margarine
- High-fat dairy foods (eggs in moderation are a good source of eye-healthy nutrients)
- Fatty beef, pork and lamb
The Best Foods for AMD
Lend us your support