The Employment Training Services program (ETS) at the San Diego Center for the Blind is designed to assist individuals who want to enter or reenter the public workforce.
We Help Visually Impaired Job Seekers:
- Who need to gain the skills needed to be employable.
- That need partial or complete retraining
- That have recently experienced vision loss.
How We Help Visually Impaired Job Seekers:
- Look for innovative ways to overcome the traditional challenges facing visually impaired job seekers.
- Provide participants with appropriate and marketable job-readiness skills and tools taught through hands-on training with professionals skilled in vision rehabilitation and training services, such as keyboard skills.
- Reach out to local employers and employments services to help them understand the value of employing our program graduates by citing many success stories and satisfied employers.
- Teach ETS program participants valuable job seeking skills useful to any job seeker, evening the playing field some between those with visual impairments and sighted applicants.
- Resume development
- Interview tips
- Reasonable accommodation requests
- Market research tools
- Networking tools
- How to dress to impress potential employers
Are you an employer looking for stable, dedicated employees on whom you can count? San Diego Center for the Blind works with employers throughout Southern California placing graduates of our Employment Training Services (ETS) program.
Here's how we help local employers:
- Match and place graduates of our Employment Training Services program throughout Southern California.
- Work closely with prospective employers to provide education on how to be successful in developing an accessible and accommodating workplace for blind and vision impaired employees.
- Monitor both the visually impaired individual and the employer after placement to ensure a smooth transition and help foster positive relationships between employer and employee.
Contact us for more information on how we assist visually impaired job seekers or to schedule an appointment with one of our staff to discuss our Employment Training Services Program.